Welcome to New Families!
The PTSO supports many programs that enhance the education of your child and build community at the school.
We typically raise around $85,000 to 90,000 each year with our fundraising, the largest portion of which is used for the contracted services budget. This funds the classroom assistants, reading assistants, the arts integration consultant, supplements field trips and other services that directly affect your child’s education. It pays for supplies for the Art program and Art Integration and for in-school events through the Cultural and Performing Arts Committee.
We also sponsor even more social and community building events such as the Fall Social, Family Field Day, classroom pot lucks and much more.
As a new McT parent, how can I get more involved?
- Sign up for The Howler, our e-mail newsletter for news and announcements.
- Join our McT Facebook Page (closed group).
- Join in the fun by participating at PTSO-sponsored events and fundraisers!
- Come to PTSO Meetings to find out what is going on and how you can help.
- Take on a volunteer position for a PTSO sponsored event. PTSO Volunteer Sign-up 2017-2018 / PTSO Volunteer Descriptions 2017-18
- Or, sign up to be a parent volunteer at McT. School Volunteer Sign-Up 2017-18
- Take on a chair/co-chair position on the PTSO Steering Committee.
Other than checking the McT Calendar, how do I find out about comings and goings around school?
Along with the Calendar, PTSO website, Facebook and The Howler, The Bulletin (our school’s monthly newsletter) is sent home in backpacks with the youngest child in the household on the first Friday of the month.
Please contact Tracey Smith in the McT office with questions or for more information.