The Scrip program is the easiest way for you to raise money for McCarthy-Towne School. Unlike other fundraising programs, Scrip allows you to support McT through your everyday purchases — groceries, gas, clothing, and gifts can all be purchased through the Scrip program! And, family, friends and relatives can also participate to support McCarthy-Towne — Here’s what it’s all about:
What is Scrip?
Scrip is just another term for gift cards or gift certificates. Scrip fundraising is a program that allows families to raise money for McCarthy-Towne by using gift cards, or Scrip, to pay for everyday purchases. They’re the same gift cards that you buy at the store, and many popular merchants participate in our Scrip program including iTunes, The Gap, Shell, Lowes, CVS, Roche Bros., and many, many others.
How does it work?
It’s simple — Scrip participating merchants agree to sell gift cards to our organization at a bulk rate discount. McT families, like yours, buy the gift cards for full face value, redeem them for full face value, and our school keeps vendor contribution as revenue. Scrip is exciting, because everybody wins:
- The merchant gets cash up front and repeat business…
- You get a powerful fundraising alternative that involves no selling…
- Our school gets a regular source of revenue!
Last year, our school earned about $1,000 through the Scrip program. Our goal during the 2017-2018 school year is to double that amount by getting more families to participate.
What are the products? There are 3 Types of Gift Cards:
1. Gift Cards – Traditional plastic cards from a variety of merchants can be ordered on a monthly basis through the school using any of the 3 methods listed below.
2. Reloadable Gift Cards – Many of the merchants allow you to reload an existing giftcard from Scrip, so you don’t have to wait until the monthly order from the school. To reload, simply go to ShopWithScrip.com and choose the reloadable option for your card (i.e. Exxon/Mobil, CVS, or Starbucks reload). A menu will pop up asking for the card number and name. You can then add money to your reloadable card. Reload orders paid for with PrestoPay will process automatically, and the funds will be added to the card(s) overnight.
3. ScripNOW! eCards – Making a purchase at amazon.com, the Gap or another Scrip merchant, but you forgot to place an order for the Scrip cards? ScripNowis the quickest way to purchase Scrip eCard. ScripNow! can be delivered and used in minutes when purchased with PrestoPay, allowing you to shop in the store or online whenever you’d like. Scrip will email you when your eCard is ready to be printed from your ShopWithScrip account. Please go to ScripNow! – Brands for a complete list of ScripNow! ecards.
How do I order? There are 3 Ways to Order:
1. Paper Form – Simply fill out the Scrip form (sent home in your child’s backpack) and send a check in with your child by the deadline indicated. Cards are typically delivered within one week of the deadline.
2. Order Online, Paying with a Check – Create an account by following these simple instructions:
3. Order Online Using PrestoPay: Online Payment Made Easy – When you sign-up for PrestoPay, you’ll be setting up the ability to automatically have funds transferred from your bank account. For a small convenience fee of $0.15 per order, you’ll have the quickest and easiest way to pay for new gift cards, reload existing ones, and take advantage of ScripNOW! eCards. Enroll in this secure electronic funds transfer system today!
To sign up, simply log on to your ShopWithScrip.com account and follow these steps:
Go to www.shopwithscrip.com for a complete list of merchants!
Questions? Feel free to contact your Scrip coordinator Pam Hippensteele.